UAE's Retail Industry
- The Middle East region remains an attractive retail apparel market with the UAE ranking 2nd.
A.T. Kearney 2013 Retail Apparel Index
- The Middle East luxury market saw growth of 10 to 15 percent from 2011 to 2012, establishing the region as the tenth largest luxury goods market globally. Dubai sits at the heart of this achievement.
Emirates News Agency, WAM
- The influx of tourists from other countries is driving up retail spending in the UAE, with sales rising by 5 to 10 per cent in the last quarter of 2012.
- The UAE's retail sales are forecasted to grow from an estimated Dh113bn ($31bn) in 2011 to Dh151.36bn ($41bn) by 2015
"Q311 UAE Retail Report", Business Monitor International (BMI)
- The UAE had the highest fashion clothing sales per capita per annum in the developing world, at $785.
A.T. Kearney's 2011 Retail Apparel Index
- The total retail space in Dubai stood at 2.8 million sqm at the end of Q1, 2013, and Abu Dhabi with 1.78 million sqm.
Jones Lang LaSalle
- Consumer confidence in the UAE has remained the highest in the region and fifth highest in the world by end of 2012.
Nielsen Global Consumer Confidence Index
We are currently creating a report on the challenges in the MENA retail industry. Once we have collected the results, we will share these results with you. Click here to take part in this survey!
Latest UAE Retail News
Thursday, 6 June, Arabian Business
Dubai's annual summer retail event generated revenues of more than AED12bn ($3.26bn) to the emirate's economy...
Monday, 3 June 2013, Arabian Business
Abu Dhabi developer says retail development will open to shoppers on March 26 2014...
Tuesday, 21 May 2013, Arabian Business
Latest data from payment solutions provider shows region saw 45% growth to $15bn...
Monday, 10 March 2013, The National
The Dubai daily deals website Cobone.com has been acquired by a New York-based investment firm...
Saturday, 9 March 2013, Arabian Business
A new online retail venture selling more than 150 international and local brands has been launched...
Friday, 14 March 2013, Gulf News
Nakheel is reviewing over 400 lease applications from retailers looking for a spot in the 200 stores...