UAE's Retail Industry
- The Middle East region remains an attractive retail apparel market with the UAE ranking 7th.
A.T. Kearney 2015 Global Retail Development Index
- The retailing industry in UAE will see a 7% average growth rate, with regard to value, over the next five years.
- Dubai accounted for about 55%-65% of the country’s retail sales in 2013.
GCC Retail Industry Report 2015, Alpen Capital
- Dubai retail sales are expected to reach over Dh152 billion ($41.5 billion) this year and likely to grow over 5% to approximately Dh160 billion ($43.7 billion) next year.
- The UAE's retail market continues to grow steadily with retail space growing by 7 percent in 2014 to reach 1.6 million square meters and sales growing 6 percent to $70.9 billion.
Business Intelligent Middle East
- Dubai's retail sales turnover was estimated at USD 39.6bn in 2013 by A.T. Kearney. By conservatively assuming an average 4.5-5.5% annual GDP growth rate up to 2020, we estimate that Dubai's retail sales turnover will reach USD 55.7bn over the next seven years.
Sector Economics 2014, Emirates NBD
We are currently creating a report on the challenges in the MENA retail industry. Once we have collected the results, we will share these results with you. Click here to take part in this survey!
Latest UAE Retail News
Tuesday, June 2, 2015, Zawya
Luxury brands are adapting their strategies to succeed in diverse and evolving emerging markets...
Monday, 18 MAY 2015, Gulf News
Cities retain their global standings as top choices for new entrants...
Wednesday, 13 May 2015, Business Intelligence Middle East
UAE. BPC Banking Technologies, the leading provider of Open System payment solutions, will address the latest demands and challenges of the Middle East's payments industry...
Sunday, 28 December 2014, Emirates 24/7
Al Zarooni plans to launch 6 projects in retail, real estate and hospitality sectors...
Tuesday, December 23, 2014, The National
It does not take a genius to realise that the UAE has a retail landscape unlike most others...
Saturday, 13 December 2014, The National
Electronic commerce across the UAE took a huge jump this year, with online retail sales from mobile devices...